This new patch supports the latest chips from ARM (AArch64), Intel, AMD, SAP HANA, IBM z Systems, and POWER. It also supports NVM (Non-Volatile Memory) Express over Fabrics.
Specifically, SUSE 12 SP3 supports:
- Hardware and virtualization with higher compute density, less power consumption, and economical hardware using new ARM System-on-a-Chip (SoC) systems from Cavium, Qualcomm, and others.
- Improve infrastructure agility with support for Intel’s newest and most powerful Xeon processor scalable family.
- Increase responsiveness with added support for the latest AMD EPYC and Ryzen processors for virtualization, compute, and datacenter workloads, including desktop systems.
- Support data transaction and workload size growth for very large SAP HANA workloads on POWER using extended virtual address space
- Optimize workloads and increase data security for z Systems with full support for SUSE KVM on z and enhanced cryptographic support for end-to-end data encryption.
The new SUSE release, which has been moving aggressively on the cloud, is also available on its native OpenStack cloud, Amazon Web Services, Azure, and Google Compute.
For performance and security, SLES 12 SP3 includes:
- Fast local Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) and remote storage device communications with NVMe over Fabrics (NoF) support. By using NVMe you can fully exploit the benefits of modern solid-state drives.
- Increase database performance with enhanced Non-Volatile Dual In-line Memory Module (NV-DIMM) block device support.
- Optimize SAP applications for performance with configuration and tuning support for SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise and SAP Business Objects.
- Expand security capabilities with updated support for TPM (Trusted Platform Module) 2.0and expanded key server support for SAP system volumes with the Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP) standard
Read full article here..
Related topicsAccenture and SAP to optimise manufacturing supply chains on S/4 HANA
Accenture and SAP are combining forces to develop extended materials requirements planning (MRP) solutions based on SAP S/4HANA to optimise manufacturing industry ROI through more […]SUSE teams with Intel & SAP on persistent memory in the datacentre
Running on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications, SAP HANA users can now use Intel Optane DC persistent memory in the data centre. Users […]SAP Enterprise Support Academy Integrated into SAP Learning Hub
WALLDORF, Germany, Oct. 26, 2017 — SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) now offers access to a new edition of SAP® Learning Hub to all customers of SAP Enterprise Support services and SAP Enterprise […]How to get latest SAP news and messages by whatsapp
How to get latest SAP news, technology developments in WhatsApp ? Whatsapp is not an only messaging platform any more. More and more vendors, software […]SAP is acquiring Qualtrics for $8 billion
SAP is acquiring Qualtrics for $8 billion, snapping up the survey software company just before its planned IPO. The all-cash deal has been approved by the […]